Archive for category Teaching Student
What is the basic aim behind questioning teachers?
Teachers are interviewed so that their perception of various situations that they would come across can be judged. It is essential because the moment the teacher enters the class she is the role model of all kinds of virtues that are desirable in a child. Children are like minds of clay and anyone and anything can leave a mark on their minds very easily and to erase it off their minds is difficult so it is imperative that the teachers set a worthy example. To be a teacher and teach children who come from various backgrounds it is necessary that the person is patient and impartial enough to handle all the students in an unbiased way. Here are some relevant teacher interview questions help to check the capability of the person.
Questions about Instructional Skills
- Tell us about the best lesson you have taught in a class. Why do you think it was the best lesson?
- What would be your typical lesson?
- What ways would you adopt to instruct students who have varying abilities?
- If students face difficulty to cope with a skill or concept, how would you help them?
- What methods of teaching would you use to ensure that the students understand the lesson you teach?
- If a student fails, what would be your feeling or reaction?
- Do you search for things that visually demonstrate a thing that you have recently taught in class? Is there any such thing that you can show?
- Are there any strategies that you use to encourage teamwork among your students?
- As the syllabus that is prescribed for each class is not graspable for every student, how would be cover the syllabus as well look after individual needs?
- What would be your way of dealing if half of the class failed in a particular test?
- Do you think there should be some changes in the methods of teaching? If yes, illustrate a few of them.
Questions about Classroom Discipline and management
- What do you think about classroom discipline?
- If a student is consistently late to your class, how would you handle the situation?
- Did you have to face a discipline problem? How did you handle it?
- Do you have a set of rules in your classroom? How do you put them across to your class?
- How do you think a classroom should be controlled?
- How would you ensure that your students behave properly in the classroom?
- What are your views regarding punishment?
- What is your opinion about individual vs. total class punishment?
- Do you think that negative and positive reinforcements work and how? Read the rest of this entry »